Water: $9.26 per 1000 gallons/min. 3000
Sewer: $7.43 per 1000 gallons/min. 3000
Water, Sewer, and Garbage Collection
To obtain water, sewer and garbage collection services please complete a utility application and return it, along with a $150.00 utility deposit (cash or check), to City Hall at 1502 Walnut Street between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.. (You will need to come to City Hall so that your identilty can be verified.) For questions please call (515) 992-3725.
For new residents located in Country Living Estates and Cross Country Estates the city provides sewer and garbage services. For water service please contact Xenia Rural Water District at (515) 676-2117 or visit their website at www.xeniawater.org. A utility application and $150.00 utility deposit are required for these locations as well.
The city bills residents for services monthly on a single statement and payments are due the 15th of each month.
- Mail payment to PO Box 396; Dallas Center, Iowa 50063
- Cash or check only at City Hall. (A drop box is located on the front door for payments made after hours.)
- On line at https://www.dallascenter.com/home/pages/online-payments
- Automatic payment from your checking or savings account. Fill out the Automatic Bill Pay form and return it to City Hall.
>> (Click here for Waste Management's Guidelines)
Garbage is picked up every Thursday. Please have your trash at the curb by 7:00am. Please place small items that might blow out of your container when emptied, such as packing peanuts, in a bag within the container. (Pick-up day is a day later after the following holidays, unless the holiday falls on a weekend: New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.)
Single Stream Recycling - newspapers, magazines, junk mail, phone books, cardboard, tin & aluminum cans, plastics, glass jars & bottles - is picked up in the city every other Tuesday (click here for calendar). Please have your recyclable materials, in the green and yellow bin, at the curb by 7:00am.
Yard Waste - grass clippings, leaves, twigs, etc - can be placed at the curb for pick-up every Monday, from April through November. To insure pick-up, yard waste should be:
- Out on your curb by 7:00am
- Placed in brown paper bags, paper grocery bags, cardboard boxes or trash cans (not in Waste Management container)
- Bundled brush tied securely with twine or string, weighing less than 50 pounds, in lengths of 4 feet or less.
Hazardous Waste - Click here for a list of Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events in Dallas County.
Other Utilities Contacts for Dallas Center
- 888-427-5632 - MidAmerican Energy - Gas/Electricity
- 877-743-2907 - CenturyLink - New Customers
- 800-366-8201 - CenturyLink - Existing Customers
- 855-463-7359 - DIRECTV - Internet/Phone
- 877-386-2933 - Minburn Communications - Internet/Phone
- 515-246-2205 - Mediacom - Cable
- 515-462-3083 - So Central Iowa Landfill, Winterset
- 515-676-2117 - Xenia Rural Water District - Water for Country Living and Cross Country Estates