Water, Sewer, and Garbage Collection
To obtain water, sewer and garbage collection services please stop in to City Hall at 1502 Walnut, or call (515) 992-3725. A utility application and $150.00 utility deposit are required on all new accounts.
For new residents located in Country Living Estates and Cross Country Estates the city provides sewer and garbage services. For water service please contact Xenia Rural Water District at (515) 676-2117 or visit their website at www.xeniawater.org. A utility application and $150.00 utility deposit are required for these locations as well.
The city bills residents for services monthly on a single statement. Payments are due by the 15th of the month, and may be mailed to City of Dallas Center, PO Box 396, Dallas Center, Iowa 50063, or paid in person at city hall, 1502 Walnut Street. If the office is closed, just put it in the drop box on the front door.
You also have the option of having your bill paid directly from your checking or savings account. Download the Automatic Bill Pay form or sign up at City Hall. City Hall is open from 7:30-4:00, Monday thru Friday.
>> (Click here for Waste Management's Guidelines)
Garbage is picked up every Thursday. Please have your trash at the curb by 7:00am. Please place small items that might blow out of your container when emptied, such as packing peanuts, in a bag within the container. (Pick-up day is a day later after the following holidays, unless the holiday falls on a weekend: New Years, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.)
Single Stream Recycling - newspapers, magazines, junk mail, phone books, cardboard, tin & aluminum cans, plastics, glass jars & bottles - is picked up in the city every other Tuesday (click here for calendar). Please have your recyclable materials, in the green and yellow bin, at the curb by 7:00am.
Yard Waste - grass clippings, leaves, twigs, etc - can be placed at the curb for pick-up every Monday, from April through November. To insure pick-up, yard waste should be:
- Out on your curb by 7:00am
- Placed in brown paper bags, paper grocery bags, cardboard boxes or trash cans (not in Waste Management container)
- Bundled brush tied securely with twine or string, weighing less than 50 pounds, in lengths of 4 feet or less.
Hazardous Waste - Click here for a list of Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events in Dallas County.
Other Utilities Contacts for Dallas Center
- 888-427-5632 - MidAmerican Energy - Gas/Electricity
- 877-743-2907 - CenturyLink - New Customers
- 800-366-8201 - CenturyLink - Existing Customers
- 855-463-7359 - DIRECTV - Internet/Phone
- 877-386-2933 - Minburn Communications - Internet/Phone
- 515-246-2205 - Mediacom - Cable
- 515-462-3083 - So Central Iowa Landfill, Winterset
- 515-676-2117 - Xenia Rural Water District - Water for Country Living and Cross Country Estates